[ANSTHRLD] Bow & Arrow Vs. Bow

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Mar 28 08:33:51 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 09:02:31AM -0600, Joseph Percer wrote:
> I was just curious to see if anybody had found anything concerning
> "Vert, a longbow nocked with an arrow and drawn Or." Versus "Vert, a bow
> argent, strung or." and whether or not they conflict.

The best I could find was this precdent:

   [A rose argent and a strung bow and arrow bendwise reversed Or] The
   question was raised as to whether or not this is considered slot
   machine since it has three dissimilar charges in one group. While it
   is true that it has three charges, when a bow and arrow are in their
   standard, expected position they are considered one charge, just like
   a sword in a scabbard is considered one charge. It is only when they
   are separated, or put into non standard positions for their normal
   use, such as being crossed in saltire, that they become two separate
   charges. (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR April 1999, p. 6)

This would seem to state that a drawn bow & arrow is a single charge,
not two separate charges, so you would not be able to get a CD for
adding anything to the primary charge group.  On the other hand, it also
does not answer the question of whether there's a CD for *type* between
a drawn and undrawn bow.

Not much help...

-Emma

--