[ANSTHRLD] refining my badge

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Mar 5 12:27:55 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 07:44:12PM +0100, Alden wrote:
> [Fieldles] A dragon within and conjoined to an annulet dovetailed on the
> outer edge argent.
>
> The dragon image that I'm using (which is the key element here as it is the
> same one as in my device submission) touches the inside of the annulet at
> two places (at the wingtip and at the tip of the standing foot).  To touch
> in more places would require moving the dragon off-center, which I'd prefer
> not to do.  Is two touch-points enough to be conjoined?

Same one as in device submission... let's see.  Registered device in
10/01 is a lovely period one which makes me wonder what drugs you were
on to change it... ah, here's the new one, in the December 2002 LoI.
Also nice, but since I'm in the middle of painting up shield blanks for
Gulf Wars, I can only say "EEEEEE!" :)

Anyway, ahem.  As long as it's obvious that the dragon is touching the
annulet, I think it'd be fine. Later depictions can increase the number
of touch points easily enough. (I have this thing about not being
married to an overly-specific rendition of a charge, if only because it
limits other people making copies; plus it's kinda the whole point of
the blazoning system: a dragon is a dragon is a dragon, after all.)

-Emma

--
Jennifer Smith
jds at randomgang.com