[ANSTHRLD] New Herald -- help!

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Mon Mar 31 12:11:32 PST 2003

>I've just become the herald for the Canton of Lindenwood, and I'd like
>to design and register a badge for myself.  However, I'm (mostly)
>ignorant on how to conflict check, and I'd appreciate any help on this.

Welcome to the list!  There's lots of folks here who are happy to lend a
hand.  In fact, when folks ask questions and we all get to see the
discussions, it helps us all keep up with details of various topics that we
would often otherwise miss.  :)

>GET it clear?  I'd like to keep the badge fieldless if possible, with
>just the one argent sheep, but I wouldn't mind adding something if need
>be.  Any advice?

Well, a local guy wanted a badge of a fieldless white lion.  He preferred
passant, but was negotiable on position.  And was open to other ideas to
get the thing to pass.  He just really wanted the lion to be white.

What Gwenllian eventually worked out with him to get it to pass was
charging the lion on the shoulder with something.  John chose a green rose
since that was an element of his device and so he was able to register
"(Fieldless) A lion passant argent charged on the shoulder with a rose vert".

And the depiction of the lion was based on a period roll, so it looked
really cool.

Mari