[ANSTHRLD] contrast.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Apr 5 15:02:44 PDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, P R Kettling <bridgid at zamigo.net> wrote:
> Per MY experience. I was told that azure and sable do not have good
> contrast yet my own device passed as "gyronny sable and Or, fusil
> azure, bordure azure" ( I may be off on the exact terminology, but
> it is black and gold alternating, with a blue diamond in the middle
> and a blue border all the way around.)

Brigid of Kincarn, "Gyronny sable and Or, a lozenge within a bordure
azure", registered in January 2002?

Yours does not have color on color in RfS terms.  The lozenge and
bordure are color, but the field is neutral in SCA RfS terms: half
color and half metal, and no part of the field shares a tincture with
what's on it so visibility is preserved.  That's expressly allowed in
the RfS.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address