[ANSTHRLD] A call to all Heralds...

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 20 21:36:23 PDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, R C <greywalker1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I seek your knowledge and wisdom concerning being a Herald.

Better off getting into dancing.

> Young and older, new and experienced, vocal and paper.

Anyone can dance.  English Country Dance is easy (walk in time to the
music).  Not much singing in dance (Qui Quer Que and If All The World
Were Paper) and not much paper (If All The World Were Paper).

> I seek to learn useful information to pass on to novice Heralds in
> my region.

There's dancers in your area.

> Please share the things you now wished you knew when you very first
> became a Herald.

There's a lot less stress in dance -- you don't have to dance a dance
for nine months, taking a few steps per month.  You dance for a few
minutes and it's over, done, kaput.

> What are the first things that come to mind that you always want to
> share with a new Herald?

Have you considered ... maybe ... dancing?

> Please share any info and or experiences that you feel would benefit
> a new Herald.

There's lots of dance classes and good dancers, and Philip White isn't
as annoying any more.

> Let me know mistakes you made so that I may learn from them too, and
> pass that on to others.

I didn't drop the whole heraldry thing and go into dance.

> Please let me know these things on or off list so that many can
> benefit from this knowledge.

I hope that my answer is of some use.

Danciel de Lincing Hands
--