[ANSTHRLD] Device

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 20 13:39:39 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Valerie Brown <vbrown3 at houston.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm more of book herald than a device so please excuse my
> ignorance. On this since I haven't done a submission in about
> 5yrs. That is why I'm asking for help.

Certainly!  It's not a problem at all.

>  It is badge.They already have a device. They want the green roundel
> with 2 roses argent slipped and leafed .

I asked a number of other questions too, but if it's indeed a
fieldless badge with a charged roundel, those questions are
irrelevant.

The roundel was a shape used in period for the display of coats of
arms.  It is not permitted to register a fieldless badge with a
charged shape used in period for coats of arms, so this design,
however the roses and stems are arranged, would be returned
immediately.  (This design would look like "Vert, two roses
[arrangement] argent slipped and leaved [posture] [tincture]", as
displayed on a roundel.)

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address