[ANSTHRLD] A call to all Heralds...

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed Apr 21 15:29:39 PDT 2004

> There are heraldic symposia, regional, kingdom, and SCA-wide.  I
> recommend them highly, but I find them useful for classes on special
> topics and to get schmooze time with various heralds.  (Then again, I
> don't notice the intro to heraldry classes any more, so maybe they're
> there.)

Considering the number of times I've taught "Period Name Construction" at
local, kingdom, and Known World heraldic symposia, I'd say intro stuff is still
available.  :)

In a message a week or two ago, I asked folks here what they would like to see
taught at Kingdom Heralds and Scribes Symposium.  Part of my purpose was to see
what folks were interested in learning.  Part was to get ideas for what I
wanted to teach.  And part was to try and figure out where we stand as a
kingdom since I've been kinda distracted for the last 2 years and 9 months (not
that anyone's counting).

Does anyone have any thoughts on these topics?

Oh!  Another question: are we running a consultation table at Crown on the 1st
of May?  If so, who's the coordinator - I need to figure out what books to
bring.

Mari