[ANSTHRLD] Natural tiger marked sabel on a sable field???

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon Dec 6 09:58:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Does a natural tiger have a proper tincture?

In the March 1997 LoAR cover letter:

    We are also no longer going to register Bengal tigers proper.
    They must be in a standard, heraldic tincture (with or without
    markings).  We have registered as proper both gules and Or Bengal
    tigers, leaving them with no default tincture.  Plain natural
    tigers proper, are still Or, marked sable.

So "a tiger proper marked sable" is redundant: either "a tiger proper"
or "a tiger Or marked sable".

> If the proper tincture is orange with black stripes,

Since orange is not recognized as an SCA tincture, you can't register
a new one.

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com