[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Regalia

becalhoun at excite.com becalhoun at excite.com
Tue Feb 3 21:43:37 PST 2004

There are several examples (pictures and such) of the herald wearing not a tabard but a circular cloak.  On it whould be quartered, the arms of the group or individual for which the herald was employed and the crossed trumpets of the herald's office.  This would be displayed on the front and back of the cloak.  Suggest you look for a book by Fox-Davies titled "The Art of Heraldry"

Ld Shawn
Barony of the Eldern Hills