[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Regalia

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 3 22:03:28 PST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, becalhoun at excite.com <becalhoun at excite.com> wrote:

> There are several examples (pictures and such) of the herald wearing
> not a tabard but a circular cloak.

Ah.  I'll have to look again.  Thanks.

There are also plenty of illustrations of heralds with white wands.

> On it whould be quartered, the arms of the group or individual for
> which the herald was employed and the crossed trumpets of the
> herald's office.

Why do you say that?  That would imply, to me, that the bearer was the
legitimate heir of the shire and the SCA College of Arms -- talk about
"son of 'bride of the regiment'"!  Do you have any period examples of
quartering office arms (which the crossed trumpets aren't, anyway --
office arms were, so far as I've seen, borne by one person) with
territorial arms?

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.