[ANSTHRLD] question about counterchanging

alasdair alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Feb 5 09:29:17 PST 2004

Lanen de Wylde <lanen_de_wylde at grandecom.net> did pen:

>  I had a request for opinions on whether or not a trefoil knot on per
>  saltier, counterchanged, would ever pass.
>  http://www.geocities.com/lann_de_wylde/index.html

I am not really a herald, but here is my 2 cents. I am sure I will get corrected if I am wrong.

I am seeing two potential problems with this design.

1) I am not really sure that you can fimbriate a trefoil knot.  The RFS VIII.3 says "Voiding and fimbriation may only be used with simple geometric charges placed in the center of the design."  I am not sure this is considered a "simple geometric charge" for the purposes.

2) The thinness of the knot hampers identifiabilty if it is counterchanged.

The real decision factor is identifiablility of the charge.  Personally I think that is a problem in this case.  Maybe a differnt rendition ofthe knot would help (with thicker lines) but I currently doubt it.

Alasdair