[ANSTHRLD] Re:Rostislavich names in the Jan. ILoI

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Feb 6 09:11:59 PST 2004

R C <greywalker1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> We kinda think the brother thing could be ok, if that does not break
> any rules,

I know of no precedent against "presuming" by siblinghood.
Ieuan ap Morgan ap Madoc and Griffin ap Morgan ap Madoc are
registerable at the same time.

> Does it cause any problems for the rest of us if one of the
> submitters has since decided to stop participating in the S.C.A.,
> and his submission is retuned?

Once a submission is sent off, it proceeds on its merry way
independent of such factors.

However: if one of the submitters has indeed decided to drop out, it
would be a kindness if they were to withdraw their If their stuff were
to be registered, then it would be reserved (a la the proverbial dog
in the manger) to someone who will not use it.  So withdrawing the
submission keeps the heraldic space open.  (No refund wit a withdrawal
or return, I'm afraid.)  So if that's the case, would you please
e-mail asterisk at ansteorra.org to let Asterisk Herald know that they
want to withdraw the submission?  Asterisk may ask for a signed letter
of withdrawal or other contact with the dropper-out; if so, would you
help with that (because someone who has dropped out of the SCA is
probably not interested in bothering with the effort)?

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address