[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic staff -- and stuff

M{o'}r inghean Chathail mor_chathail at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 7 09:17:57 PST 2004

<snip>

> Please, please feel free to contact me off-list to
> initiate dialog or
> just send me a list of essentials!
>
> >~Alden

More essentials: the field herald's pouch/bag/kit

1) small stack of 3x5 cards
2) 2 pens, 2 pencils, pencil sharpener
3) some throat lozenges or hard candies (quickie
pick-me-up and mouth wetter)
4) a watch -- old one, no band needed, just a working
timepiece of some sort
5) copy of common list litanies

When crying the camp, it is good when you have a timed
announcement (say court begins in 30 minutes..) if
circling the camp is 15 minutes, to change the
announcement as you go. Or, court is at two and it is
1:30, that sort of thing...

The 3 x 5 cards supplement the MoL if you are crying a
list, or for yourself to get the phonetics of the
fighters' names when you call them... (Dearbhail is
"Jerval" for example -- she wasn't happy with me when
I misspoke it.) The hard candies do not take the place
of water (drink both before and after crying a camp)
but help a bit when the thrat gets dry. And everyone
knows how a pencil breaks or the pen runs dry just at
the most important spot.

I hope this helps a little too.

Mór

PS these make great inexpensive thank yous to heralds
helping at events