[ANSTHRLD] On the Rights of Heralds (in Ansteorra) (Was: Regalia)

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Tue Feb 10 13:11:41 PST 2004

From: "Etienne de St. Amaranth" <star at ansteorra.org>
Date: 2004/02/06 Fri PM 02:59:57 EST
To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <heralds at ansteorra.org>
Subject: [ANSTHRLD] On the Rights of Heralds (in Ansteorra) (Was: Regalia)
I'd like to reinforce part of what Mistress Serena said.  No herald should
make known personal opinions, comments, policy, personal interpretations of
kingdom law, or any other such items while wearing the tabard of your
noble.  To do so implies that you are speaking for that noble (or group)
and that is the opinion of whomever you represent.  Even without a tabard,
each herald has to be careful to not make comments that could be inferred
to be the opinions or pronouncements of they represented when they are not
their opinions.  It is best if you can visually or verbally make it obvious
that you are only speaking for yourself at that moment.  And even if you
make it verbally obvious, it still should not be done while wearing the tabard.

Yes, when I herald a tourney in which my Lady is fighting, I cannot cheer for her.  Alas, as she is so very wonderful.

Masamune no Yahaki