[ANSTHRLD] border, CD and crescent questions

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Thu Jan 8 16:30:25 PST 2004

Quoth "Bridget the Stargazer":
> When putting a border on a device, does the border cover anything along the
> outer edge of the shield or does it surround it? I think I know this, but
> need to confirm.

It depends.  Can you give us a specific example?

> Is there a CD between "per bend sinister argent and azure" and "per bend
> sinister argent and purpure"?

RfS X.4.a says "Significantly changing the tinctures...of the field is
one clear difference...In general, if the tincture of at least half the
field is changed, the fields will be considered different."

So, yes.

> What's the default position for a crescent moon (which way are the points
> facing?)?

I believe' it's:

crescent: points up
crescent pendant: points down