[ANSTHRLD] border, CD and crescent questions

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jan 8 19:32:29 PST 2004

> When putting a border on a device, does the border cover anything along the
> outer edge of the shield or does it surround it? I think I know this, but
> need to confirm.

Where to find the answer to this question:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/precedents.html

A bordure surrounds everything except a chief.

> Is there a CD between "per bend sinister argent and azure" and "per bend
> sinister argent and purpure"?

Where to find the answer to this question:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/regs.html in the Rules for Submission.

The Rules for Submission section X.4.a. say yes.

> What's the default position for a crescent moon (which way are the points
> facing?)?

Find the answer to this in the Laurel precedents, noted above.

A crescent moon has a face; just a crescent does not.  Semantics...  :)

Crescents point up, decrescents point to sinister, increscents point to
dexter, and crescents pentant or inverted point down.

There.  Answers and tools.  Any more questions?

- Teceangl
--
    "Black is the color of my love's true hair...."
							 -FKV