[ANSTHRLD] top ten rough consultation signs

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Fri Jan 23 16:35:00 PST 2004

Greetings!

> > > Daniel opened the gates of Hell with:
> "But my lady has already embroidered this on my surcoat..."
> [Lays nicely painted shield on table] "This is what I want for my device."
> "But the meaning is so important to me."
> When you ask about the name/armory, the submitter responds with a persona
story > that can't be summarized in three sentences.  Bonus points for
persona stories
> that take more than 5 minutes to tell and that involve descendency from at
> least three non-adjacent cultures.
> Mari

<lurk mode off>

Jumping in - regarding the last one - how about someone who starts out with:
' I was raised by ravens but then kidnapped by pirates, who I eventually
escaped by jumping overboard. After being trained by the Ninja and becoming
their leader, I returned . . .' This one is actually in the Artemisian
Kingdom archives - thankfully, buried, but it did actually happen.

The tattoo one is something that I have also run into - and I got a pretty
good show one time! The gentleman in question, when asked what he was
interested in for a design started to take his shirt off to show me his
tattoo - a body wrap of some sort of animal that started on one shoulder,
around the chest and across his lower back, then going down his body and
around one leg. He actually took off his shirt and pants to show me the
entire tattoo! He did keep his underwear on, but it was pretty skimpy
underwear. While the artwork was in no way heraldic, the striptease was fun!
:-) And who said there were no side benefits to sitting at a consultation
table?

Mistress Shauna of Carrick Point
Laurel Designate
(Who, secretly, wants to put 'and laugh' on the back of a 'Heralds Point'
sign some day)