[ANSTHRLD] It Est, So Where Is It Scriptum??

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Jan 30 08:01:47 PST 2004

Masamune wrote:

> It seems to me, since the O&A is composed of blazons, that the
> CoA derives the blazon from the emblazon and registers it. I
> know the emblazon is supposed to be the official source of the
> blazon and that the emblazon is maintained by the CoA.  But I
> don't recall many instances of blazons saying "tiny winged griffon"
> or some such.  One of the requirements of armory is that it is
> reproduceable by the blazon.  It seems that this is somewhat inconsistent.

It's true that it's somewhat inconsistent, since the words are what we use
to check conflict, but --

If you submit a picture of a red dragon, and a blazon that says "gryphon
Or", they will change the blazon to "dragon gules".  This alone shows that
the submission is the picture.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin