[ANSTHRLD] It Est, So Where Is It Scriptum??

Haines, Paul PHA at allseas.com
Fri Jan 30 08:24:56 PST 2004

I believe the premise behind registering the emblazon over the blazon is
primarily in regards to what is cause for return.  The emblazon is concrete,
while blazons may vary (to a point).  I've never seen a device returned for
an incorrect blazon.  The heralds just modify the blazon to better describe
the emblazon.  Since an emblazon should be able to be drawn from a blazon,
heralds can compare blazons for conflict.  When the blazons don't give an
adequate depiction of the emblazon, a request for a visual check can be
made.  Wreath can then pull the files and visually compare the two devices
and judge if they conflict.

This is also why we include mini-emblazons on ILoIs/LoIs.  The blazon might
be wrong for the emblazon given.

How many times can you use the word (em)blazon in a paragraph? :)

Cheers,
Alden