[ANSTHRLD] Herald and the computer

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jan 8 19:21:12 PST 2004

> > Does anyone know of a good computer program for conflict checking that
> > runs on the Mac?

No such animal, thank heavens.

Use the index to the online Ordinary: http://oanda.sca.org/ordinary/index.html
That aligns all charges considered the same into the same categories.

But conflict checking is such a matter of knowing the RfS and Laurel precedents
on what is and what is not the same, no computer program would ever be
sufficient (and I would personally consider anyone who used a program to
conflict check for themself a "victim", for others a "victimizer") and would
miss things.  For that matter, last month a ruling might have been made that
makes the whole thing obsolete again.

A herald's best tool is his or her College.  Out there are people with areas
of expertise and knowledge that you can tap just by asking.  :)

So post questions, let us help, and enjoy your time as Halberd.

- Teceangl
--
    "Black is the color of my love's true hair...."
							 -FKV