[ANSTHRLD] Herald and the computer

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jan 8 19:50:37 PST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Teceangl <tierna at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> Use the index to the online Ordinary:
> http://oanda.sca.org/ordinary/index.html
> That aligns all charges considered the same into the same categories.

That appears not to be always the case.  10/97 LoAR, West returns:

    Ibert Nothstein. Device. Argent, on a sun sable a mullet of eight
    points Or, on a chief azure two arrows inverted in saltire Or.

        This is being returned for violating our "sword and dagger"
        rule, by having two charges, the sun and the mullet of eight
        points, with which we give no heraldic difference in the same
        design.

In the on-line Ordinary,

    Aelfraed of Hrofesceaster|8406M|d|
    Argent, a bend lozengy vert between a candlestick enflamed in
    holder and a mullet of eight points gules.|
    |AR|BEND:1:indented:unc:vert|
    CANDLESTICK:1:gules:second|FIELD:argent|STAR:1:gules:of
    8:second:t1:unc

shows up in Mullet - Uncharged - 1 - Gules but not in
Sun - Whole - Uncharged - 1 - Gules.

The printed Ordinary has "see also" lines, as does my genord.pl
output.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.