[ANSTHRLD] Polish name help

Predslava at aol.com Predslava at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 16:33:47 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/11/2004 3:06:38 PM Central Standard Time,
jds at randomgang.com writes:
His only documentation for the surname "Polska" was a photocopy of a
book cover (not the publication page, alas), entitled "Szlachta Polska.
i jej Pa{n'}stwo".  Subtitled/written by "Muzeum Tradyeji
Niepodlegloscionwych w Lodzi ul. Gda{n'}ska 13".  Help?
"Polska" is a feminine adjective. "Szlachta polska" means "polish nobility."
Won't work if the submitter is a man. In addition, you'd be combining Latinate
forms of names with a native-Polish form. I imagine there would be need to
show this was done in period. I don't have any materials to say either way.

Predslava Vydrina
Per fess embattled azure and gules, two otters passant or.
Barony of Bjorsnborg, Kingdom of Ansteorra