[ANSTHRLD] request for advice

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 13:02:46 PDT 2004

Greetings to the list,

I have been trying to encourage some friends to
register their names and devices, which seemed like a
good idea at the time, but has had the unfortunate
side effect of their asking me for advice on those
topics. I know just enough heraldy to get me into
trouble <grin>, but not quite enough to give sound
advice on whether or not something is likely to pass.

Could one of you kind souls help us with a specific
device? If that's not an appropriate topic for this
list, maybe someone would be willing to help me
off-list?

The device is (in my feeble attempt at heraldese):
Sable, a lion stantant barry of 12, argent and azure.
It's for a friend with a German persona, and from what
we can tell, barry charges were not uncommon in German
heraldry. We'd just like to have a very general idea
of whether or not it's likely to pass before
submitting it. I can send along a .bmp if it would
helpful.

My thanks in advance for your assistance, and my
sincere apologies if this is not an appropriate use of
the list.

Kind regards,
Sara