[ANSTHRLD] AAA Consultation - Assistance Requested

Galiana de Baiona galiana at houston.rr.com
Thu Jun 24 20:54:21 PDT 2004

Greetings from the new Armillary Herald.

My apologies for not introducing myself sooner. While I hate starting off
any new aquaintence by asking for aid, it seems that this is exactly what
I'm bound to do. As Armillary Herald, my main responsibility is the
coordination of heraldic consultation tables at coronations and crown
tournaments. It is at just such a table that I need you - yes, you! - to
help me.

As AAA is not an ordinary event, so our consultation schedule will not be an
ordinary "come on Saturday and sit around" sort of thing. Consultation,
instead of being an only Saturday affair, will begin on noon at Friday, and
end an hour before court that evening. On Saturday, consultation will begin
at 10am, and end an hour before stepping-down court, which is scheduled to
begin at 2pm. Setup for the tables will begin an hour before the scheduled
opening. For those who can't subtract, that's 11am Friday, and 9am Saturday.

This is where you come in! If you can volunteer even just an hour of your
time either (or both) days, we would be more than happy to help you. This
call is not just for cloistered, bookish name herald types, but for artists,
armory people... If you can think of it, we likely need it. If you've never
helped at a consultation table before, this is the perfect time to come out
and do so. You'll get to meet all the scary uber heralds you've only heard
of and worshipped from afar. You'll make friends! You'll finally find a
girlfriend! You'll lose 10 lbs. in the process! You'll... Ok, well maybe not
those last two. But you'll have fun, you'll learn something, and you'll get
to help out your fellow Ansteorrans.

Those of you who helped at Twentieth Year know of the large volume of
submissions that were recieved. While a similar landslide seems a bit much
to expect, we do expect an increase over the normal number recieved. This
means we'll need substantial help from as many heralds as we can find.

If you've gotten excited enough (or bored enough with my attempts at
exciting you) to want to help, let me know! Drop me a line with your name, a
time you might be able to help, and your specialties, if any. If we only
have one uber herald that's good with Arabic names, for instance (no... I'm
not pointing any fingers!) it would be good to have a vague conception when
you're coming so we can let those special clients to drop by the table at a
certain time.  If you don't have a specialty that's fine too... If you can
read and you're breathing, Auntie Galiana Wants You!

In somewhat hopeful service-

Lady Galiana de Baiona
Armillary

~~
Ieu sui Galiana qu'amas l'aura...
An it gaineth me no garland of green, but it ben of withies wrought.