[ANSTHRLD] Name and device check - Elizabeta della Rosa

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:03:04 PST 2004

Howdy all,

Need some help here confirming what I suspect on a name registration:

>>    Oh and I've had my name for a few weeks now.  I would like Elizabeta
>>Della Rosa (which >>means in italian 'Elizabeth of the Roses').  I got
>>'Elizabeta' off one of the 'period names' websites the hospitalers gave me
>>as well as della Rosa.  So as long as no one else has it it should fly.

>Hmmmm..... may have a problem here. I found 'Elisabetta Rosa' registered in
>October of 2002 via >the East, and Elizabeth de Rose registered in July of
>2002 via An Tir, one of which will most likely >conflict, but I would have
>to check to be sure. You might be able to add a patronymic making the >name
>'Elizabetta (Patronymic) della Rosa'. I'm terrible at names so would have
>to ask if this is a >possible form for Italian name construction. I'm sort
>of partial to 'Bellavita', but have no idea if it >would work in this
>situation. I'll be sending off the query to the herald's list to verify all
>this.

Also, the submitter would like, 'Argent, a unicorn sable between three roses
gules'

I have run a conflict check and not found anything, but I have missed stuff
in the past so want another opinion or two.

Let me know what you can tell me so I can get back with the submitter

Thanks

Borek
Bordure