[ANSTHRLD] Name and device check - Elizabeta della Rosa

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 03:21:12 PST 2004

>>Hmmmm..... may have a problem here. I found 'Elisabetta Rosa' registered
>>in October of 2002 via >the East, and Elizabeth de Rose registered in July
>>of 2002 via An Tir, one of which will most likely >conflict, but I would
>>have to check to be sure. You might be able to add a patronymic making the
>> >name 'Elizabetta (Patronymic) della Rosa'. I'm terrible at names so
>>would have to ask if this is a >possible form for Italian name
>>construction. I'm sort of partial to 'Bellavita', but have no idea if it
>> >would work in this situation. I'll be sending off the query to the
>>herald's list to verify all this.

It should conflict with one of them.
The structurer looks fine for Italian.

Page Maridonna for more ideas on Italian.

>Also, the submitter would like, 'Argent, a unicorn sable between three
>roses gules'
>I have run a conflict check and not found anything, but I have missed stuff
>in the past so want another opinion or two.

Ferelith MacDonald September 1986
"Argent, a unicorn counter-rampant reguardant triple-tailed sable, armed,
crined and unguled Or."
If this is rampant to sinister then there are 2 CDs for change of
orientation and adding the secondary roses.
If the beast is rampant then conflict.  At any rate this
thing needs to be reblazoned.

Magnus