[ANSTHRLD] Name and device check - Elizabeta della Rosa

Maridonna maridonna at maridonna.com
Fri Mar 26 05:05:30 PST 2004

doug bell wrote:
> You might be able to
>>> add a patronymic making the >name 'Elizabetta (Patronymic) della
>>> Rosa'. I'm terrible at names so would have to ask if this is a
>>> 'Bellavita', but have no idea if it >would work in this situation.
>>> I'll be sending off the query to the herald's list to verify all this.
> It should conflict with one of them.

> The structurer looks fine for Italian.

Yup, it's fine and would be a period structure. An example would be
<Elizabeta di Luca della Rosa> meaning 'Elizabeta, daughter of Luca
della Rosa'.
A good site from which to chose the father's given name is
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/florence1282-1532.html

--
Andrea / Maridonna
Why buy while they die? Adopt a rescue or shelter pet today.