[ANSTHRLD] Documentation Request - Liliana della Rosa

Maridonna maridonna at maridonna.com
Tue Mar 30 14:43:20 PST 2004

Maridonna wrote:
> Brent Ryder wrote:
>> Yes, I'm looking for more documentation, name this time. The submitter
>> went from 'Elisabeta della Rosa' to 'Liliana della Rosa' because of the
>> previous conflicts and that no one was pronouncing the name right
snip
Do you know if she wants the meaning of 'lily' or just the name <Liliana>?

> So I believe that <Liliana> is of modern usage in Italy.  I have not
> found the name <Giglio> or <Giglia> at either website or my stuff.
>
> I did find the feminine given name <Gilia> at both websites, but I have
> no idea if it is connected with <Giglia>.

De Felice Nomi, s.n. Giglio, lists alternate feminine variations:
<Giliola> and <Giliana>.  So I am inclined to believe that <Gilia> found
in the two articles is an variation of <Giglia>.  What do you think?
--
Andrea / Maridonna
Why buy while they die? Adopt a rescue or shelter pet today.