[ANSTHRLD] Augmentation?

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Mon Nov 1 12:22:45 PST 2004

Howdy all!

My company is laying people off today so I have been a little busy.  I do
apologize for the delay in replying.  (So far I do still have a job.)

Daniel's write-up includes most of the salient technical points (if not all
of the technical points) on the mechanics of how to accomplish what was
done this past weekend.  So, I'll focus on specifics to this case.

1. The Crown has permission from Friedrich's widow to presume, to conflict,
or any similar action to enable this act on the Crown's part.  I'll be
getting the Crown a letter with the wording we need (for her to sign) in
order to move forward with this.  I will likely need some document to
certify for the records that she is in fact his heir (Mari and I discussed
that Saturday night) so I will be looking into that.

2. The text and the Crown independent of the text made very clear that this
augmentation is the recipients' CHOICE TO ACCEPT.  The recipients can
decline if they feel uncomfortable or, really, for any reason.  They have
to consciously choose to accept the augmentation using Friedrich's arms (or
an element thereof) because the Crown cannot specify the form of the
augmentation and force them to accept it.  The Crown has granted them an
augmentation for a specific reason and for a specific purpose.  The Crown
has offered a form of augmentation, with appropriate permissions, that
would really well meet this purpose.  The Crown asked the recipients at the
time if they accepted; I will be following up on that individually with the
recipients and will probably provide them a letter to sign to go up with
the submission.

3. The text specified three things that require follow-up.
   A. The recipients are to consult with the principal herald on the form.
-- I will work with them (or delegate as needed) to insure that the form
used by each individual is compliant with the rules relating to
augmentations and the Laws of Arms.
   B. The recipients may use the arms as a whole or an element thereof.  --
It is certainly possible that Friedrich's full arms would simply look
aesthetically awful on their arms (depending on how it was placed, and
where, and the underlying charges).  There is leeway in the application of
this augmentation.
   C. The recipients are to speedily work with me to get this
registered.  -- Each will go through commentary and will be reviewed by the
CoA.

Between Daniel's write-up and my post, what other questions can I answer?

Etienne
Star Principal Herald