[ANSTHRLD] Crown consult table and Heraldic Evangelism meeting

Galiana de Baiona galiana at houston.rr.com
Sun Sep 26 23:49:48 PDT 2004

Hello all you out there in herald land. This is Galiana de Baiona, your
friendly Armillary Herald.

The consultation table this go-round is going to be something different from
what we normally do. Due to the long travel times involved and projected
lack of incoming submissions, it has been decided that instead of the normal
hauling about of libraries and on-site computerized hoo-hah, we will instead
set aside and announce an interval during the course of the event in which
the public may come to us and tell us their desired name/culture/what have
you, we'll put them down on a list and send their contact information out
after the fact to willing heralds, who will consult with them and enable
them to prepare their forms to submit through their locals or other
designated herald. I've been told that this sort of decentralized
consultation has worked in the past, and this looks like a great time to
give it a try again.

Even though the consultation table this time will be rather unusual, I
encourage any of you who may have thought of making the trip to come out to
Crown anyway. Why? Heraldic evangelism, my friends. The West is very much
unlike many other parts of this kingdom where you can't move two paces
without tripping over a herald. After we finish talking with potential
submitters, an announcement will be made that the we are open to speak with
any members of the populace who may wish to learn more about heraldry or how
the College works, or even possibly wish to become a local branch herald.
This sort of informal fireside chat is a great way to spread the light of
heraldry to places where it may never have reached before. Drumming up
support (or even a vague interest) in the populace is always a Good Thing.

I hope to see a few of you there.

Galiana