[ANSTHRLD] Request for information re arms and award of arms

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Apr 19 11:55:48 PDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Ron Knight <rknight at kumc.edu> wrote:
> Now, on the topic of favors....these are personal
> signifiers from individuals.  Except by any local custom,
> there is no requirement that a fighter bear a favor.

I have never heard of any law or custom concerning who may wear favors
and who may allow the wearing of their favor.

It would not, however, surprise me in the slightest to learn that in
Meridies only paid members of SCA Inc can give or wear favors, that
anyone below grant level can give or bear one only as a piece of cloth
smaller than 20 square inches, and only peers are permitted to use
beading.

Daniel "waiter?  refill on the cream, please, and another bowl of
popcorn mice" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com