[ANSTHRLD] What is a Tuscan Herb

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 08:44:45 PDT 2005

Even so, I found this recipe of what herbs combined make up the Tuscan Herb
mixture.  Perhaps this will help.  It sounds tasty, and there are certain herbs
in it that I am sure would help the healing process.

http://www.divinacucina.com/code/herbs.html

Gabrielle

--- Scott Barrett <barrett1 at cox.net> wrote:

> A Tuscan is someone from the Tuscany region of Italy, and stop calling
> me Herb.
>
> ~Finnacan
>
> On Tuesday, August 30, 2005, at 06:13 AM, brandtfamily at sprintmail.com
> wrote:
>
> > This came form the Medieval Fem list. I thought you folk might be able
> > to help?\
> > Pegasus
> >

> > ---------------------FWD---------------------------------
> >
> > From: "Zahedi, Shahrzad" <Shahrzad_Zahedi at brown.edu>
> > Date: August 28, 2005 1:20:48 PM CDT
> > To: <medfem-l at u.washington.edu>
> > Subject: [Medfem-l] Tuscan herb
> >

> > Hello.
> > I had a question about a medieval herb name "herbe toscane" that is
> > known to have healing powers.
> > I found a mention of this herb in a French medieval romance called
> > "L'atre perilleux".
> > A woman healer uses "l'herbe toscane" to heal a knight's wounded arm.
> >
> > I am not sure if anyone has seen a reference to this herb anywhere
> > else.
> >
> > I apologize if this topic is not directly related to feminist studies
> > of the MA.
> > It is in my case related to women healers in medieval fiction.
> >
> > Any help will be greatly welcomed.
> > Shahrzad.

“Of course I know how to work it,” said Lupin, waving his hand impatiently, “I helped write it.  I’m ‘Mooney’ – that was my friends’ nickname for me.” (p.254)... “... And that’s how we came to write the Marauder’s Map, and sign it with our nicknames.  Sirius is ‘Padfoot.’  Peter is ‘Wormtail.’  James was ‘Prongs.’ ”  (p. 260)  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London (1999).