[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Faux Pas

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:14:13 PDT 2005

Charles,

I don't know who it was that told you that, but Shires hold registered
devices. When you herald for the Shire, you are representing that group, and
should wear its device in entirety, sans crossed trumpets. Just because it
isn't a barony, doesn't mean you don't get to wear a tabard of your group's
arms when heralding for them. The Seawinds Tabard has the Seawinds Device
(Per pale embattled azure and Or, an escallop inverted counterchanged, in
canton a laurel wreath vert) and nothing more on it.

I indeed look forward to seeing you at Heraldic And Scribal in the upcoming
weekends, and wholeheartedly invite you to attend the CoH Decision Meeting
being held that afternoon.

Yours in Service,

Jayme Dominguez del Valle
Seawinds Pursuivant