[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Faux Pas clarification

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 23:06:35 PDT 2005

Crandall here.
A bit of clarification:
I was the Herald that Charles was directed to, and I am definately not the best. Though it is nice that HE Tostig Logiosophia had described me as such. I think that I do hold the record for the most nobles names mispronounced during a list. Or was it for a formal March of Precedence?
The Late Don Giovanni Lorenzo de Montefiori and Don Alden Pharamond were both much better than I and I am a mere shadow compared to most.

My major advice was for him to find the "dead horse" on this topic in the list archives, and then clarify his understanding with Heralds that he had met.

The pamphlet was published to help new Heralds deal with court and its preparation, I am sorry there was some confusion.

And I had nothing to do with the telling of the "tabard for a shire thing". That was the day after I spoke with Charles and I had left the camp as I day tripped because of the heat.

Crandall

Charles Ó Floinn <Tons at raf662bravo.com> wrote:

Then I was
directed to meet a man at Lughnasad who, it was told to me, was the best
Field Herald there is in the entire Kingdom.

(snip)

Upon introducing myself to him (name now forgotten but it may have bee
Dankyn himself) he recognized me from this faux pas post so we never really
talked about field heraldry. He told me of a book he once published on this
very topic

(more snipage)

I was told yesterday that the tabard is for a shire, not a Barony

(last snipage)