[ANSTHRLD] device and name conflict check

Kathri at aol.com Kathri at aol.com
Tue Dec 13 19:51:47 PST 2005

In a message dated 12/13/2005 8:27:34 PM Central Standard Time,
lochherald at gmail.com writes:

> Per saltire sable and gules, a fret between four griffins segreant to
> sinister Or
>
> vs
>
> Per saltire sable and gules, a fret argent between two bees in chief and two
> bees in base Or  (snip)  only two CD between these devices.

Two is all you need, so these two devices are clear of each other.

> Hedwig von Lubeck was registered in the East does that conflict with Hedwig
> von Luneborg since the places in the last names are different?

The two names don't conflict, and they present an excellent example of how to
distinguish between two people.  (Here we sit in the SCA with two Hedwigs,
one of them from Lubeck and the other from Luneborg.)

Best wishes,

Kathri