[ANSTHRLD] Name and Device checks - Conchobar mac Aonghuis

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:56:15 PST 2005

Howdy all,

This just resurfaced after being moth balled for a year or two. Wanted to
see if the docs were still good and there still were no conflicts:

Conchobar - OCorrain and MacGuire, "Irish Names", pg 57, s.n. 'Conchobhar',
lists as being seen from 882 to the middle ages

mac Aonghuis - Woulfe, "Irish Names and Surnames", pg 320, s.n. mac
Aonghuis, (no date)

Basically this would be pronounced 'Conner mac Anghus' I think. There are a
fair number of ways to get 'Angus' in period and I do not have a listing of
all the ways so if someone does and can conflict check it I would appreciate
it.

What I had originally for the device is not longer acceptable for the
submitter. He wants:

'Argent, three wolves courant in annulo sable'  and will accept a bordure
vert if necessary.

He may also accept basically the opposite in tinctures (Sable field with
white puppies) and an appropriate tincture change for the bordure if
necessary.

I remember something similar being submitted by another kingdom to Laurel,
but the tinctures were completely different and I have no idea if it passed
or not.

Let me know what you can find out so I can get this into submission before
it falls into another black hole

Thanks

Borek