[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check

Jim Trigg blaise at scadian.net
Thu Feb 10 06:40:50 PST 2005

On Wed, February 9, 2005 11:56 pm, tmcd at panix.com said:
>     Vert, three tridents argent.

> Consider
>     Vert, in pale a trident issuant from a flame argent. Katherine
>     Locha Dhuibh (4/2004 AEth)
>
> I dislike the Siridean MacLachlan ruling in the December 2003 LoAR, in
> part because I find it long and confusing.  I'm leaning towards it
> being two CDs regardless of the precedent: one for number of primary
> charges, and since three charges could be in pale, one for an unforced
> change of arrangement.

Having just reread said precedent, it doesn't apply in this situation.
The Siridean MacLachlan ruling only applies when adding or removing enough
charges to affect whether other changes are more or less than half the
charge group, which is not the case here.  If you count it as first adding
a trident (to get two tridents and a flame argent) and then changing the
bottommost of three charges in the standard arrangement there are two CDs
even not considering the question of arrangement. OTOH if you count it as
first changing half the charge group (from a flame to a trident) and then
adding the third trident there are still two CDs not considering the
question of whether the change of arrangement is forced.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-  /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles         \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN