[ANSTHRLD] Dinner and a Device

Richard Dale fairbourne at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 16 17:06:06 PDT 2005

Well I am sure you are wondering what Dinner and  a Device is? Well let me introduce myself and explain. I am Richard Fairbourne and while I have been playing for a few years I am a new person when it comes to the office of Herald. I am the new herald for the Barony of Elfsea. Recently I have had a heraldric explosion of people wanting to register names, devices, households names and badges. I am overwhlemed and new to this job. So I am asking for help. However I thought I would ask for help in a little different way than normal.
Dinner and a Device is to be held the third Saturday in June on the 18th starting at 12:00pm at HL Caelins House.  The address is 2220 Patterson Place Arlington, TX 76012 Here is the Map reference.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=rrXWR.p_0TrTM0Ks1YQNHQyHwd1slOZJruy.AAw-&csz=76012&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

for additional information you can call me at 817-240-5518
Since I am new to the this position I did not want the populace to pay for my mistakes. So I thought we could have one day to have as many Heralds as possible help out those who wish to register names, devis, badges etc. Also this could be done for any one who come and not just limited to the populace of elfsea. Anyone who was willing to drive could attend. Also I could learn as could other new herlads on the right way to help people register a name a nd device. Nothing like hands on experience. I also thought that having this as a heralds social would be good as well. So the Elfsea Cooking guild has graciously offered to cook for us. Also I realize that heralds have a special need for chocolate so I will be providing plenty of chocolate. I hope to have heralds outnumber the submitters but I don't think that will happen.

So please come to Dinner and Device on Saturday June 18th,2005 and help me and the popoalce who come to this event. This event is not in costumes just mudane's. Please your herald expertise is needed. If anyone wanted to teach something else about herladry that would be fine as well. I look forward to hearing from you. Please email me if you can attend. Again any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time

the new humble local herald
Richard Fairbourne