[ANSTHRLD] German naming question

Melissa Carter homefrogs at houston.rr.com
Wed May 25 08:34:56 PDT 2005

Greetings unto the list,
I am very new to heraldry and I have a question about a German last name, if
you don't mind.  The person wants to use the name of a tavern as their last
name.  I know from the Rules for Submission (Section III, sub 2, sub a, sub
iii) that the "zum" in front of the name would indicate "from the".  However
the name itself is in question.  Does anyone have any thoughts on
"Zuckerbär"... meaning sugar bear?  This person really doesn't want to
submit the name until it can be proven/disproved...not wanting to waist the
Laurel's time.
Thank you,
Hedwig