[ANSTHRLD] Shires and Thank Yous

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Nov 15 10:00:26 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Further to what Jayme said, you might even remind the people of your
> local group that you have a copy of the OP (you do have a copy
> right?) and would be happy to look up names to see what awards
> people already have for them.

Note that this is not just good for one person to ask about another --
it's good for one person to check on their own stuff and correct
errors.  For example, I found that my Oak didn't get into the Roll of
Precedence.  (Did I not do a court report?!)  Since there are no
charters for the Oak, I took a blank piece of paper and did a brass
rubbing of my medallion, and got Edwin to write a statement on the
paper beside the image (to the effect of "I inducted Daniel into the
Order of the Oak at Twelfth Night of [year].  Edwin Steppes").

As for local RPs: I don't want to dump water on people's enthusiasm,
but I think that the local keeping track of the kingdom awards is too
much duplicated work.  The local *should* keep track of local suff,
because nobody else is.

Hmmm ... officers, especially locals, too often lose stuff from
previous tenures, or fall down on the job.  Should Zodiacus start
keeping track of local stuff?  Two more columns on the court report
form: Other Baronial Awards, Other Baronial Honors (meaning champion,
warlord, bard, whatever)?

Danihel (often willing to make more work for others) de Lindicolino
--
"Me, I love the USA; I never miss an episode." -- Paul "Fruitbat" Sleigh
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com