[ANSTHRLD] What color is the pilgram?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Sep 20 11:25:12 PDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005, Bordelon, Wendel <Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com> wrote:
> Magnus asks of Christopher of Deauville device;
> > For today's quiz, what tincture is the pilgram?

Lemme open up the Web browser to get to the archives ... Ctrl-O
... mmmm, Dieux du Stade.  I mean "oops, wrong directory".

> Of course the answer is grey.  Grey is the expected
> and accepted color for pilgrims to wear. Along with the
> staff, the script, and the hat it is what denotes that
> traveller as a pilgrim.
>
> But, you would not know that from the blazon.  I had to
> look at the emblazon to be sure.

There's the tincture of the person as well as the tincture of the
clothing.  The next tincture in the blazon says "proper".  The CoA
Glossary of Terms, Table 3, Conventional "Proper" Colorings, says that
"proper" for a person is "Caucasian by default, i.e., pink or white".

The clothes are brown in the scan.

> Oh and the hat is wrong on the pilgrim, and not script and the staff
> isnt quite right .....

Well, it's also a well-drawn human figure, and humans are hard to
draw.

Danet de Linccolne, whose current arms and badge can be drawn using
only a ruler
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com