[ANSTHRLD] Borek needs some help

Star - Ansteorra star at ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 24 14:37:14 PDT 2006

Forwarded on behalf of HE Borek.

Please note the reply to email at the bottom.

Thanks all,
Druinne

Howdy all,

I am currently too swamped for words working on projects for Warlord.
I have a few submissions that have come through and I need help with
documentation and/or conflict checking. Here is what I have and found
on quick conflict checking using the raw O&A last dated 060213:

1) Justinian Benintendi - New Name, need name docs. New Device,
"Azure, a chevron between three mullets of eight points argent.

I found:
Edmund Middleton of York|9707N|d|Azure, a chevron between three estoiles Or.

Which gives a CD for change in tincture of the secondaries, but I do
not think there is enough significant difference between estoiles and
eight pointed mullets for a second. Not sure of current presidence to
be absolutely sure.

2) Allessandra di Giovanni - I have name docs from some time ago. User
finally got me a check for the submissions. New Device, "Per pale
argent and azure two horses rampant addorsed counterchanged" This was
checked some time ago so I am not sure if there is a conflict for it
now or not.

I found:
Ælfwynn of Boscastle|0411Q|d|Per pale argent and azure, two horses
combatant counterchanged

I know there is at least one CD for the change in orientation of the
horses, but I think there are two since they are each changed to face
opposite this device. Just not sure. Feeling more and more brain dead
as I do these submissions.

3) Lyneya de Grey - New Device - "Per bend sinister sable and argent,
a mullet of four points Or and a fir tree proper". This one fell into
an heraldic black hole from the user's description.

I found:
Albrecht von Halstern|8501E|d|Per bend sinister sable and argent, a
mullet of four points argent and a peregrine falcon volant, wings
elevated and addorsed, proper.

There should be a CD for change of tincture to the mullet and another
for change in type of charge. I remember in the past where there have
been a similar arrangement, the charges were all different between
then, but the tinctures were all the same and it conflicted. Not sure
of the precedent there either.

4) Miguel Sebastian da Oporto - New Badge (for use by House Porto),
"[Fieldless] A phoenix gules issuant from a cup Or"

I Found:
John Ironstone|9709Q|b|(Fieldless) A phoenix atop a rose Or

Which only gives one CD between a rose and a cup. I'll need to see how
set they are on the cup being Or. Are there any other conflicts that I
need to be aware of?

5) Katharine de Bellofago, New Name. I have a couple of links provided
by the submitter for documentation. One from "Feminine Given Names in
DES, part 3" and one from "Bynames Found in the 1296 Lay Subsidy Rolls
for Rutland, England".  New Device, "Argent, a chevron between two
frets and a dragon sable"

6) Ingve of York, New Device, "Lozengy argent and sable, on a chief
gules, a mug between two bell hilted rapiers in saltire crossed at the
tips argent". If anyone wants to tackle the name docs as well, go for
it.

That about covers my load for the moment. Let me know what you find by
replying to me at borekvv at hotmail.com

Thanks

Borek