[ANSTHRLD] Trying to reach Maria Asterisk

tmcd@panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Aug 30 12:14:55 PDT 2006

I sent e-mail twice to Maria Cabeca de Vaca / Christine Huse, about
information that's supposed to go into the next LoAR Cover Letter.
I've gotten no reply.  I then called the number listed for her under
Retiarius in the latest printed roster, and also in the just-sent CoA
roster.  A man answered, and he said that I had indeed reached 361 232
1754, but there was no Christine Huse at that number.

So,
- does anyone have a working phone number for Maria Asterisk?
- does anyone know how I can reach her with the questions that I'd
  like her to answer?
Please reply directly to tmcd at panix.com, not just replying to the
list, in case there's personal information in your reply.

This was the last message I sent her:

On Monday evening, I sent you a question:

> I'm doing the Roster Updates section of the next Laurel LoAR Cover
> Letter.
>
> The SCA Electronic privacy policy says that we cannot put on the Web
> your real name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or other
> personal information without your permission.  It allows only SCA
> name, office title, and an official SCA e-mail address.  Would you
> like your information, or part of it, on the Webbed copy of the Cover
> Letter?  You are not required to give that information, and if you do
> not give permission, all that will be listed on the Web is Maria
> Cabeca de Vaca, Asterisk Herald, asterisk at ansteorra.org.

I want to emphasize: you don't have to allow that information on the
Web.  Many people do not, especially the real address.

The phone number can be useful, if someone needs to contact you
immediately without delay -- but some people want to keep it private.

The e-mail address can be useful, if someone needs to contact you with
text.  Putting your e-mail address on the Web can lead to spam, but
asterisk at ansteorra.org is already on the Web.

It is your decision.

But, just to be sure, I'd like your answer, yes or no.  I'd also like
you to check the information; <privy>...</privy> encloses the
information that will currently not be put on the Web:

    Since Emma has become Bordure Herald, the new Asterisk Herald is
    Maria Cabeca de Vaca <privy>(Christine Huse)</privy>, previously
    rostered as Arbalest Herald (returns coordinator). As before, she
    remains on the roster but she is not on the mailing list. Her
    contact information again: <privy>6031 Sunnyside Dr, Fort Worth TX
    76119-4479; phone 361-232-1754</privy>; e-mail
    asterisk at ansteorra.org.

Danihel de Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com