[ANSTHRLD] Issues with January's submissions...

Asterisk Herlad asterisk.ansteorra at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 10:53:40 PST 2006

Buenos Dias unto the College of Heralds!

The submissions for January's ILoI's had many problems. Rather than send out
a ton of individual e-mails, I thought it would be more educational to place
these mistakes here for our newer heralds to learn from.

1. Please be legible on forms.  If you photocopy forms and send me just the
copies, please make sure that the writing in the summary and on the blazons
are clear and easy to read.

2. Please provide translations.  If your documentation is in another
language other than English, you must provide the translation or it will not
go to Laurel!

3. Please fill all forms out completely.

4.  If you are using your real name as part of your SCA name. you must
provide proof that that is indeed your real name or it will be returned.

5. If you are providing documentation from St. Gabriel's, please do not just
put "St. Gabriel's report attached". You must write out a brief summary of
the report.

6.Black and white copies must be line drawings!  You may not submit copies
that have filled in areas.

7. On colored copies, colors and lines must completely touch the heater
shield on the forms. Any gaps and it will be returned.

8. Do not use your printer to print colored copies on devices and badges.
The ink has a tendency to fade and darken over time.  Laurel will bounce
devices for colors not being bright and vivid.

9. Please make sure that when you color in your device or badge submission
that the colors are bright and vivid.  Map colors do not give the colors
that Laurel is looking for.  The College of Herald's highly recommends using
Crayola Classic Markers because they consistently give the colors that
Laurel is looking for and they do not fade or discolor over time.

10. Also, please make sure that all new submissions are on the new forms
after December.

I hope this helps you when filling out new submissions for the upcoming
year....and I hope your New Year is a bright and happy one!

In Service,
Lady Maria Cabeca de Vaca
Asterisk Herald