[ANSTHRLD] Issues with January's submissions...

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Dec 29 15:25:55 PST 2006

If I may expand on a few of Maria Asterisk's remarks?

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Asterisk Herlad <asterisk.ansteorra at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. Please provide translations.  If your documentation is in another
> language other than English, you must provide the translation or it
> will not go to Laurel!

We do that because Laurel would bounce it for lacking a translation --
there's a long-standing precedent on the subject.

> 4.  If you are using your real name as part of your SCA name. you
> must provide proof that that is indeed your real name or it will be
> returned.

"Proof" being real-world proof, like a photocopy of a driver's licence
(perahsp with sensitive information blacked out).  For example, if
it's consult table without a photocopier, they've also accepted a
written signed statement from the consulting herald that he's seen ID
and the name listed there was <insert complete name in the exact form
as listed>.  E.g, my driver's licence has MCDANIEL, TIMOTHY A, so
that's what should be listed on such a statement -- NOTE the
uppercase, and lack of punctuation or accents except for the comma.

> 5. If you are providing documentation from St. Gabriel's, please do
> not just put "St. Gabriel's report attached". You must write out a
> brief summary of the report.

That is, the pertinent information so that someone with ONLY YOUR
summary can use YOUR summary to comment on or support the name.  E.g.,
     de Barre: S. Gabriel report 666 (<URL here>) shows Francois de
     Barre in a Burgundian court case in 1566 (<their biblio citation>)

> 8. Do not use your printer to print colored copies on devices and
> badges.  The ink has a tendency to fade and darken over time.

There can be fading and darkening, but more worrisome is that they can
shift -- for example, there's been a case of a charge being blue going
into the mail and purple coming out.

For the same reason, don't use a color copier.

Danielis de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com