[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check for name registration at 12th night

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 09:28:52 PST 2006

> Could someone please conflict check the following?
>
> device - Sorry I don't know how to blazon - (bad Arabella
> you'd think I'd know how by know, but alas, sigh)
>
>  red field
> white wings - (we are thinking angel wings) black shief of
> arrows pointed down  - (3 of them - completely on top of the
> white wings) yellow flames at point of shield - (think
> ansteorran flames)

I'll at least take a stab at one possible blazon:

Gules on a vol argent a sheaf of arrows sable, a base rayonny or.

("Death from Above", anyone? -- not quite "my life on my arms", but
considering the young man's achievements on the archery field, a good
design choice IMNSHO.)

For symmetry / recognizability, two sheaves -- with one on either wing
-- might be more recognizable aesthetically pleasing, if using the
typical depiction of a vol as found at
http://www.aeheralds.net/Links/AE_Traceable_Art/IndivPDFs/Vol1.pdf (The
Pennsic Traceable Art website is a very useful resource when trying to
visualize some combinations...)

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen