[ANSTHRLD] well I should have looked at the RfS

Hedwig von Luneborg lochherald at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:18:28 PST 2006

OK, it was really late last night when I was doing my research on the name
"Melinda".  Looking at the RfS for modern names I find this:

"*4. Legal Names. *- Elements of the submitters legal name may be used as
the corresponding part of a Society name, if such elements are not
excessively obtrusive and do not violate other sections of these rules.

This allows individuals to register elements of their legal name that cannot
be documented from period sources. The allowance is only made for the actual
legal name, not any variants. Someone whose legal given name is *Ruby *may
register *Ruby *as a Society given name, but not *Rubie *, *Rubyat *, or *Rube
*. Corresponding elements are defined by their type, not solely their
position in the name. This means a person with the legal name *Andrew
Jackson *could use *Jackson *as a surname in his Society name in any
position where a surname is appropriate, such as *Raymond Jackson Turner *or
*Raymond Jackson of London *, not just as his last name element. "

So, looking at this "Melinda" is considered OK since it is her legal first
name.  I also found 4 registered names with Melinda.  So, am I wrong or does
anyone have any other comment?
Thanks,

--
In Service to "The Dream",
Herrin Hedwig von Luneborg

"To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society." --
Theodore Roosevelt