[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check please, 3rd round

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Feb 10 12:09:55 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 francis.schalles at ttuhsc.edu
<heralds at ansteorra.org> wrote:
> Resubmission for Godfrey Gauche (Bonwicke)
>
> Or, three elm leaves Vert within an orle Or on a bordure Sable.

young man, what did i tell you about capital letters in sca blazons/
just you wait until star gets home ...  don't \make/ me drive to
bonwicke just to pry the shift key off your keyboard.

the usual SCA way to blazon a charge on another charge is
'on a [charge underneath] ... [charges on it]'.  if that makes an
infelicitous blazon and this variant improves it, we occasionally use
'a [charge underneath] charged with [charges on it]'.

[blazoning detail irrelevant to this question: if the 'charge
underneath' has other charges at the same level, they go in the '...'
part.  for example,
    argent, on a bend between six lions azure three escallops or.
the bend is on the field.  the six lions are on the field.
the three escallops are on the bend.]

so, editing your blazon --

    Or, three elm leaves vert, on a bordure sable an orle Or.

i haven't conflict-checked this, but at least the style is ok.

denyel lincoln, utterly shiftless typer
--
"me, i love the usa; i never miss an episode." -- paul "fruitbat" sleigh
tim mcdaniel; reply-to: tmcd at panix.com