[ANSTHRLD] King's College - June 24th

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 09:46:05 PST 2006

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:00:10 -0600
> From: nweders at mail.utexas.edu
> Subject: [ANSTHRLD] educational opportunities
> To: heralds at ansteorra.org
>
> This year King's College will be held June 23-25, in Gates Edge > in the  Stargate area.  I
would like to see some heraldic or
> scribal classes taught there.   I have sent a note to the
> autocrat and hopefully would have more
> information to give you shortly.
>
> Teaching is a good way of finding and encouraging new heralds
> and heraldic growth.
><snip>
> regards,
> Clare
> Tressure

Yep, it's at that other 'gate' branch, Westgate!
King's College site (June 24th) will be Christ the King Lutheran Church, near Rice U., site of a
few collegiums in the past.

There will be access to 10+ classrooms, outdoor spaces for fighting classes, and possible space
for messy classes (TBD).

Don't forget children will also be attending King's College, and with the new children's MOC badge
program, teaching the kids about heraldry will make a great opportunity to inspire.  Check with
the MOC, Baroness Adria, about the badge for heraldry classes taught to present to the kids.  I'm
planning to teach 'Calligraphy for Kids'.

And no Daniel, even though you sometimes act like a child, you don't qualify to get a Heraldry
badge! (duck and run!)

Cheers, Hillary