[ANSTHRLD] New additions to education/library pages

nweders@mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 31 11:03:38 PST 2006

Thanks to the kindness of Lord Alden, his class on Field Heraldry is now on
the Education page for the College.  I encourage anyone who has taught a
class and wouldn't mind having the notes included pleas let me know.

Also we have begun a library page.  Currently there are listings for
on-line sources but eventually there will be a Bibliography for New Heralds
to get an idea of what books are considered "good" sources for them to
gather.  Also I have a list begun on the "Bad Books of Heraldry"

If you have articles, bibliography,books, or web pages to recommend please
send me a note.

Projects including a Revised "Book of the Herald" , sample syllabuses for
people to help develop classes and such.  I will be working with Star
Signet to develop a scribal library with sample hands for people to use to
teach scripts and illuminations.

If you have any free time and want to help out I have small projects that
need doing (book reviews, source finding and such.)  I'd love to find a
deputy who can do some research work as well.  Doing this type of work is a
good way of learning more about a subject and sharing what you've learned.

Anyway, if you haven't done so please check out the education and library
pages of the College web site.

Clare
Tressure